Monday, August 31, 2009

Prague, Radiohead, etc, etc.


The Castle, St. Vitus Cathedral and New town taken from Charles Bridge

Charles Bridge looking into Old Town

Looking out to toward the Opera House


View from the Castle into town- "New Prague"

Saint Vitus Cathedral outside


St. Vitus inside- simply put, the most amazing cathedral I've ever been in.

St. Vitus spires


Old town Prague Tyn spires



The Oldest Synagogue


Executioners Square


The Opera House


Radiohead Concert

The stage set up was wild really liked it

Thom rock'in it

The Good King Wenceslas looked out


Prague was the most wonderful city we have ever been to. My friend Bonnie was able to come out and we got sold out Radiohead tickets before the trip, to make this one of the most spectacular adventures to date.

I think Prague wins best city ever for many reasons. Everything is within close proximity and transportation is cheap and easy to use. It is very clean compared to other big cities. And there are a good variety of things to see, all of which are spectacular, stunning, mindblowing...... etc. My favorite memory is looking out from Charles Bridge at night onto the water glowing with the lights from both sides of spiring hills and city, in the back ground a 1930s type band was playing and I felt like I was in a dream. Seriously, put this city on a must visit before any other city in Europe list. We were lucky to have someone watch Ellie for us and I think that made all the difference too:) Can't wait to go back.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

How fun - a getaway without the little one. When were you in Prague? We were just there a few weeks ago with some friends. Small world! Have fun in Disneyland - I think we are planning that for next Spring before we head home. :)

Kathryn said...

Wow. Love the pictures of Prague. I would love to go there some day. Ellie is so cute. Happy Birthday to her!

Erin said...

Okay, this post did not help us feel better about passing up Prague back in May... ouch the painful pain of regret!!! Shawna, it looks INCREDIBLE!!!! We'll just have to make it over there another time. In all honesty, would we have been miserable with the kids there, or could we have pulled it off? The concert looked great- I can't wait to hear more details about Bonnie's visit so when you have a sec email me the latest!
Love and miss you-

Caprice said...

Prague is my favorite too!!! I love it there. And you got to see Radiohead there...Tim is truly jealous!