Thursday, August 13, 2009

Hypnobirthing

I have to say, I've been totally intrigued with this movement ever since my first conversation about it with a good friend of mine over 2 years ago. I've had friends do it and I also watched a dateline or something to that effect and was quite impressed, but I've been skeptical because I have had a ton of preconceived notions about birthing and hello, I've been through it! BUT I have been reading the book "Hypnobirthing, The Mongan method" ( I believe it's the 3rd edition) and it's done nothing less that change my life and totally open my mind to birthing, strengthen my testimony and  give me a new sense of confidence about the whole process. And I know this is bold, but I think that it could be an interesting book for any reader needing to deal with stress in a better way. I feel totally empowered and better able to cope with having a baby in Germany! Totally recommend this book!!



6 comments:

TheMoncurs said...

I've been considering looking in to that for the next one. Thanks for the recommendation!!

Miranda said...

...i just ordered the book. we'll see if it can convince me :)

Michael and Natalie said...

Are you talking about me as the person you spoke to about it? You know I did it and swear by it. You CAN do it! Best experience of your life. And, I want to make clear, it's not that it doesn't hurt, but more that you're like THAT'S F-ING RIGHT I JUST GAVE BIRTH TO A BABY ALL BY MY F-ING SELF. I felt afterwards, and ever since, that I can now do anything!

Stella said...

Hello Shawna,
Congratulations on your little boy. Also, congratulations on your very accurate perception, HypnoBirthing the Mongan Method is wonderful for child birth, but it's so much more, it's a philosophy for life.
I teach HypnoBirthing in Bakersfield, Ca. and really love what I'm doing. It's an absolute joy to help parents realize birth is a natural event that does not require routine medical intervention.
HypnoBirthing is world wide, you can go to the HypnoBirthing site to see, if there's a practioner near you.
I also invite you to peruse my web site Bakersfield Hypnobirthing.com You are very welcome to write comments on the blog, would be fun to follow the development of a little boy and his family in Germany.
Love to all of you and be safe.
Stella in Bakersfield,Ca.

Phillips Flips said...

A very belated congrats on your super cute baby boy in the works! Ellie is gonna have a blast! And I love hypnobirthing too! I had listened to a friend's cheesy tapes while pregnant with Delia, but then surprisingly when I was in labor with Bennie, it all came back to me and helped me get through it without an epidural. I visualized colors and made associations with them (blue - looking at the blue sky with my new baby boy, etc.) Next time around I'll have to read the book...

Jamie said...

Hypnobirthing is super-duper helpful! I felt so empowered after using it for my last birth! It was great! I'm gearing up for doing it again. I'm listening to the relaxation tracks. Good luck, I hope it works great for you too!! In my opinion it's a lot about mental preparation, confidence, knowledge and also the things you can do to cope during labor. I still remember how great I felt about my last birth! Best wishes!