Thursday, January 8, 2009

New Years, Heidelberg and Shopping With Ellie


New Years was a battle zone, but it was awesome! Imagine everyone in the city having illegal (not illegal here) fireworks and blasting them off at any time come 12pm and on. When New Years was finally here the city was ablaze, all you could see were fireworks and smoke. I thought I was going to get hit multiple times. This picture does it no justice, but everywhere you see light its a firework. It was insane!


Madonna statue with castle Heidelberg in the background.

The walks to castles are always straight up. I wonder how hard it was to get there back in the day?

On the Castle tower overlooking the city

In side the castle walls
In the Castle gardens. It was so cold!! Ellie wasn't liken' it!

Heidelberg. The bridge takes you on the old philosophers walk.

More of the Castle Garden.

This is Knight Ritter's home that they have converted into a hotel.

Inside the church.

Ellie finally started really walking yesterday!! Yea! She is still pretty scared of walking without support, but yesterday she really started to get brave. We walked out to the car and just as I was about the pick her up and put her in her seat she decided she wanted to climb in the car by herself and ended up falling into the snow. She let out the biggest scream I've heard, not because she was hurt, but because she didn't know why she was so cold. As sad as it was she totally made me laugh. One of her favorite things is to play with her shopping cart. She puts all of her babies and bears in it and walks all over the house collecting all of mommies decorations on the way. It cracks me up so here's a pic.

Getting the pics up is half the battle. The internet is getting fixed today so with all luck, more commentary to come:)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

New Year's is crazy over here in Europe. :) Heidelberg was my favorite castle we visted. I really enjoyed the tours. Hope you all had a good time as well! :)

Laura said...

loved this post! i lived in heidelberg for over half my mission. it's such a beautiful city!!!

Nicole and Scott Kesten said...

that does sound like you had a crazy new year. i went to heidelberg in high school and remember the steep walks.

hey, your husband is in the airforce through dental school right???
my bro is really wanting to do that and was hoping he could email your hubby to get some insight... if that is even what he is involved me.. let me know..
wms13@hotmail.com

thanks, nic

Jessica said...

cool pictures! i always love to hear how you are doing and what's going on with you guys way over there. i hope you are surviving the winter!

momma elms said...

The Heidelberg pics were great and COLD looking. My favorite is the one of Ellie & her shopping cart. I love her smile and her teethies!

Jones Family said...

Ellie is sooo big. I can't believe how many teeth she has! I love all the pictures of the castles and other cool places.

tim said...

It's about time the material girl gets a statue in Germany. She's an international sensation.

Harn's said...

Hey I had no idea you moved to Germany, how crazy! It looks amazing. ITs funny becuase one of my good friends just moved over there, military! How do you like it?