Saturday, November 28, 2009

A Little Concerned

Yesterday we went to the check out the German hospital where we will be delivering in a few weeks. It's really nice, they have relaxing quiet rooms and the delivery rooms look like a day spa (that's spelled d-a-i-y-e.) To get in we had to ring a bell like we were waiting outside someone's house. When they finally let us in we waited for 5 minutes before we saw even one person- who was not a nurse. Upon finding a nurse, she didn't speak English and kept asking me if I was in pain. Of the 3 nurses there at the time (and NO doctors) only one spoke enough English to be able to converse in English and German and the first thing she asked me was "Why are you here," and "Well, are you pregnant?" A little concerned, I laughed giving her a "No, I'm just really fat in my tummy" look and said- Yes! I'm 35 weeks and will probably be here in about 2 or 3 weeks to deliver! No one seemed to understand I was just there to check everything out and ask questions. Another point of concern, all of the patient rooms were taken on our visit. I think everything will be fine, but I'm really going to have to brush up on my German medical terms and stuff. And I am nervous that there were no doctors around. I guess they have to be called to come in. Trying not to worry!! Thank goodness Catrina will be here!!!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

i hope everything goes okay for you. Brush up on your German and say lots of prayers!

Marcella Deter said...

I would be a little concerned too. That is so scary. I am sure everything will go great though. We will definitely keep you in our prayers as well. We are excited for you guys!!!

brooke said...

I cant believe that your little boy is almost here! what a great christmas you guys will have. I am sure the birth will be fine, no need to worry. miss you guys.

Unknown said...

Oh, don't you worry. Everything will go just fine. There is a bit more of a language barrier in Germany then there is in Holland... But they still deliver babies there every day and all will go well. Looking forward to some exciting news! :)

dynamike said...

Oh geesh! Do you have a German friend you can bring along to translate? That's got to be a disconcerting feeling, but I'm sure everything will be fine. Keep me updated, I've been thinking about you a ton. Let's talk before the babe comes and things get even crazier!

xo
Erin