Monday, July 2, 2007

So, um, yeah, we live in Burbank now.

For the sake of brevity, I'll just cut and paste what I just wrote to Elder Bum in an email:

"So this past week we moved up to Burbank to a larger place in anticipation of the baby. So on Wednesday, I took the day off of school and Challa, my dad, and Challa's boy T-Work came down to help us move. It was quite the ordeal. It took all day, but we did it, and we celebrated by eating at Shakey's Pizza afterwards. Then we said our goodbyes, and everyone went their separate ways.

Then the fun started. Shawna and I went back to our new apartment, and after a long, hot day of work, I was understandably stinky. So I went to the bathroom, and prepared to take a shower. But before I jumped in, I noticed what looked to be little globs of paint on the bottom of the tub. Sure enough, I could scrape them off with my fingernail. That's when I noticed that there appeared to be dried paint on the sides of the shower wall. What's more is that I placed my hand on the bottom of the tub, and it stuck, as the tub bottom was tacky and sticky. I pulled my hand away, and I had paint all over my hand.

So to keep a long story short, I appears that they refinished the tub before we moved in, and the material didn't set. It remained wet,.and it rendered our one shower UNUSABLE. Very skippable.

So what we ended up doing was going back to our old apartment we had just vacated, as we had until the end of June to live there, and we slept on an air mattress on the floor for two nights. On Friday, they came and refinished the tub again, and we had to stay out as the chemicals probably would've made Shawna a little sick. But we finally returned yesterday, although we can't use the tub until probably tomorrow. In the meantime we're going upstairs to use the shower in a vacated apartment."

But we DO want to give BIG THANKS to Challa, T-Work, Father Bill, and Mike and Brooke Daines for coming up big for us when we needed it most.

Paint on my dedo.

Paint on the washcloth. Nasty.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WhooHoo!! You're in your new digs now and we can go get the crib and set it up. I can't wait.
Mama Elms

TheMoncurs said...

I was kind of wondering where you were going to stick Baby Elms in your old apartment. I mean, it was a fantastic apartment and all, but adding another permanent resident could have gotten complicated!

K