Monday, July 20, 2009

News


I waited 2 hours at the doctors today for my check up! During this time Ellie managed to slice her finger in a pencil sharpener (what doctor's office baby area has sharpeners for kids to play with?) and bleed everywhere, poop her buns out, spill a big bag of goldfish all over the floor, sit in every chair in the office with a bloody finger, fall about 10 times and go limp/ shy when anyone looked at her. I was well prepared to wait a while, and I was truthfully watching Ellie like a hawk! When we were finally called in she started screaming bloody murder when the nurse took my blood pressure and when the doctor finally came in, he wouldn't do the check up because Ellie was "having bad day." I guess it's sort of a German thing, but I understood. So luckily Andrew was able to get Ellie, since by that time he was off work. I then waited another hour to be seen again. But, when I got in, saw the baby, and the doctor said that we were having a little BOY it was all worth it! And truth be told, even though Ellie had a rough day today, she will be the best big sister ever and certainly bossy enough to keep her little brother in line! I love that girl! We are sooo excited!

P.S. Yes, that would be Andrew who posted the wonderful illustrative picture above. What a dad.:)

16 comments:

Kathryn said...

Congratulations! Sorry to hear about the "bad day." I'm sorry to say that if Ellie is like Lilly, it's only the beginning. But you're right that she'll be a good big sister. She'll just try your patience every way imaginable. I think that's why they are so cute the first two years: so you can fall irrevocably in love with them. Hope you're feeling better.

Jessica said...

congrats! and i realized when i saw you at the grove that i maybe spilled the "baby" news since you kind of whispered it? sorry if that was the case. congrats on the boy. how fun!

tim said...

after all that, you're having another one? Just bustin' your ovaries.

brooke said...

Congrats!! one of each is will be nice. it was great to catch up with you guys on saturday. hope all is well.

Miranda said...

A LITTLE BOY!!!! CONGRATS! oh how sweet.... those doctor offices... i did laugh out loud when i thought of her falling off the chair and going limp cause someone was watching... so cute :) Congrats again! Hope you are feeling well!

Bryan H said...

Congrats Elms family!

Unknown said...

What exciting news! :)

Erin said...

Congratulations Shawna!!! Little baby boys are so fun! I'm sorry to hear about the horrible waiting room experience, but at least there was a good pay off at the end. I'm so excited for you- Ellie is going to be a wonderful big sister. I've seen her take care of her "babies"... hehe.

Love you and am thinking of you! I promise I'll write a better email soon so we can catch up more.

xo
Erin

momma elms said...

My baby boy!!! He's got Shawna's feet. My poor Ellie - I wish I was there to help you out. Keep the pics coming.

Anonymous said...

A BOY!!!!! OH CARK WILL BE THRILLED!! :-)
He asked about Ellie today!

Justine said...

Congrats on the min!

Dane, Holly, Devin, and Jarom said...

How wonderful! Congrats on the baby boy!

Jamie said...

Gotta love those hospital waits! Wow, YOU are a trooper for hanging in there long enough for the ultrasound!
Exciting - fun news!
Hope you are feeling better after 1st trimester!!

Jones Family said...

2 hour wait!!! I would have left. Sounds like an awful appointment.

Brandon and Kim said...

Congratulations that is so exciting and I totally understand the bad day with a toddler we often have those.

Caprice said...

Congrats on a little boy!!!