Friday, January 11, 2008

Some Things On My Mind..................

So today I thought I would share some of the wonderful things I've been thinking about and doing lately. 


1. I'm sooooo happy to be home with the L.O. and not lesson planning every day. Just the thought of having to dropping Ellie off at day care makes me tense.

2. Ellie is having pooping problems so on doctors orders I've been sticking a thermometer up her buns morning and night, thats been fun? According to the doctor Ellie has a "tight Anus."As she put it yesterday "she's anal retentive" and then she said "what does that say about her personality?" It made me laugh. Jokes aside Ellie is nothing like that she is a sweet one. 

3.  Andrew is a full time dental student and gets out this May (yea!!) I am really lucky to have him. I feel that he does way more than the average dad. Besides the changing of diapers and daddy play time he also helps me bath her every night. On top of that if he doesn't have school the next day he even makes attempts to get up at night with her if she wakes. He is a really good dad. 

4. To end my extensive list thoughts today I thought I would share an embarrassing story I've been thinking about lately.

   While I was getting my masters at LMU I took a technology class for teachers. During a film making class we were supposed to create a film using the professor's pictures of Yosemite, it was the easiest thing I had ever done. So to pass the time and as a commentary on the class as well as an inside joke between Bonnie and I the opening title of the video in huge "fly- in" letters was "Who Gives a Rat's Ass?" after which 2 mins worth of yosemite pictures and then a list of credits which included random weird people in the the ward and their moms (yea, I know, I'm bad.) The film was not really my masterpiece or was it? Later on I used my video skills to create such works as A TPA Video and Back to School Night 2006-07. 

    During back to school night I set up a projector and had my school video ready to go. I even made 4 different presentation times in hopes that I would really impress the parents. It was now time to show it off and the parents eagerly awaited my film. I pushed play and the first thing parents saw was "Who Gives a Rat's Ass?" in big "fly-in" letters. The parents that could read English gasp. Ok stop try again. Round 2 and again "Who Gives a Rat's Ass?" cue in nervous laugh right? Parents were bugged and I was mortified. About to give up because I thought I was doing everything right, I mean where did the bad video even come from, (it wasn't like I pulled it up to look at before B2School night)  I went ahead and deleted it after which the video I had intended to play finally had it's appearance. Afterward some of the parents laughed and yes, some were bugged, but throughout the year everything was fine. I guess I'm lucky that only 17% of the student's parents actually show up to parent conference and back to school nights (sad). 



2 comments:

Michael and Natalie said...

I totally feel you! It'd be super hard to leave my baby at daycare...I hope the L.O. feels better soon and can't wait to see you!

Unknown said...

Shawna,
I love the embarassing teacher story. :) And like you, I'm glad I'm not doing lesson plans and get to stay home. I'm glad I found your blog via Jamie's! Ellie is absolutely adorable. Enjoy every minute, because they grow up so fast. It already seems like Rachel has grown up so much and she's not even 2! :)